It's turkey time for 330 staff members at John I. Leonard Community High School. Eat Better Live Better selected John I. Leonard from nominations from the community to receive turkeys for the school's entire staff. Together with Florida Power & Light, the school's football team, and student government members, they went door-to-door surprising teachers and staff members with the Thanksgiving treat.
Tania Martinez pours her heart into training the next generation of healthcare heroes in the John I. Leonard High School Medical Academy. For enabling the dreams of future nurses, doctors, paramedics, and more, she received a $250 check from HCA Florida Healthcare as this week's Thank a Teacher winner.
Nominate an outstanding teacher at palmbeachschools.org/thankateacher
Special thanks to our sponsor HCA Florida Healthcare: hcafloridahealthcare.com
Families with students entering pre-kindergarten through grade 12 have the opportunity to choose from an array of Choice and Career and Technical Education (CTE) theme-based curricula offerings at the elementary, middle, and high school levels that provide innovative and rigorous academic instruction by specially trained teachers.
Our mission is to provide a safe, positive learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their highest level of educational excellence in order to acquire the skills necessary to make a constructive impact on society.
- We believe all students can learn and achieve.
- We believe in setting high expectations for all students, regardless of race and ethnic background.
- We believe in providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum for all students.
- We believe in establishing positive relationships with all students.
- We believe in creating a safe and nurturing environment for all students by employing fair and consistent discipline procedures.