Why Should You Get Involved:
Let me tell you why… Some people hesitate getting involved because they think their child will be embarrassed having them around. That is not true. Although they may tell you that, they really don’t mind. Just think, in four short years they will be heading off to college. Being a band parent is a great opportunity to be involved in your kid’s life. You know how tough it is to talk to teens? Well, being involved with the band gives you lots of things to talk about with your child. Another reason freshman parents don’t get involved right away is because they don’t know where they can help out. All you have to do is show an interest and we’ll find something for you to do! Here are some ways you can help out:
- Pit Crew: Help move equipment at football games and competitions
- Organizing or sewing uniforms
- Fundraising: Gift wrap Booth, Cheesecake Sales, Restaurant of the Month
- Cavalcade Band Competition: Volunteers are needed for different booths, concession stands, set-up and tear-down, parking/security, hosting, volunteer check-in, and more
- Band Banquet
- And many more! We can find a place for your expertise!
Welcome to one of the most amazing band programs in our area! I know we are going to have another fantastic year. It is very rewarding and I promise you won’t regret it! If you would like to get involved now please contact our band booster president BBPresident@bocahighband.com.