Dress Code Policy
At Village Academy, we believe that the development and enforcement of a standardized dress code helps promote a safe and focused learning environment for all students. As a result, the dress code policy will be strictly enforced and any violations of this dress code will result in disciplinary action(s). A detailed list is provided below of guidelines that all students are expected to follow each day at Village Academy.
VA has designated Friday as our official “School Spirit/College T-shirt Day”. On these days, school administration allows students to wear a modified version of the VA dress code as a privilege.Administration observes the right to suspend or eliminate the School Spirit Day modified dress code if it is observed that the privilege is being abused.
ID Badges must be displayed everyday around your neck at all times. Lost or stolen ID badges can be purchased for a $5.00 fee. Students and parents must contact school administration for replacement.
- Any solid color polo shirt. Preferably Orange, Black or White.
- Female students must wear necklines that eliminate exposure.
- Any VA sport shirt, sweatshirt, club-sponsored shirt is allowed (Friday)
- Shirts/pants/shorts with any writing, stripes, designs, or pictures
- Tank tops/tube tops/halters/sleeveless tops/dresses
- Clothing that has paint splatter
- Clothes exposing undergarments/midriffs
- Oversized or excessively loose clothes
- All garments must cover shoulder to shoulder.
- No rips/tears, or “see-through” items.
- No hoodies worn on head inside the buildings.
- All items must be long enough to clearly overlap the beltline or stay tucked.
- No halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps or muscle shirts.
- Solid color only Khaki/Docker/Cargo/Denim style pants, shorts, and skirts (No sweatpant fabric).
- All pants/shorts must be worn at the waist at all times.
- All shorts, skirts, or dresses must reach the student’s knee.
- Sweatpants/jogging pants/gym shorts
- Pants or shirts with holes, rips, tears, or frayed material in the fabric (no skin showing)
- Sagging pants below the waist
- Leggings or Yoga pants
P.E. attire during the school day
- Undergarments must remain entirely covered even while seated.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts must beat least mid-thigh or below in length.
- No rips, tears or sags in jeans.
- No tights or leggings.
- Approved dress code attire must be worn underneath all jackets, sweaters, or sweatshirts.
- Hoodies may not be worn on head at ANY time in the building
- Inappropriate pictures writing, or logos are not allowed as determined by administration
- All shoes must have closed toes and backs (NO CROCS).
- Belts with standard buckle are the only acceptable belts.
- Slippers/sandals/flip flops/slides/CROCS or any other type of open shoes
- Chains cannot be hanging off belts
- Gold or Silver teeth grills
- Gang-related attire (i.e., bandanas/hats)
- Scarves/head coverings unless religious in nature
- No caps, hats, visors, bonnets, bandanas, or other head gear
- No Scarves/head coverings unless religious in nature
- No sunglasses or shades
Violations of the VA dress code will be considered a failure to comply with the school rules and/or repetitive insubordination. This will result in the following disciplinary actions:
Violation 1: Warning / Parent Contact / Parent Conference
Violation 2: Loss of Privilege
Violation 3: In-School Suspension (ISS) - Secondary Students
Violation 4+: Probation (CHOICE Enrollment Review)