WHAT IS TRIO?
- Our nation has asserted a commitment to providing educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance.
- In support of this commitment, Congress established a series of programs to help low-income Americans enter college, graduate and move on to participate more fully in America's economic and social life.
- These programs are funded under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and are referred to as the TRIO Programs (initially just three programs).
- While student financial aid programs help students overcome financial barriers to higher education, TRiO programs help students overcome class, social and cultural barriers to higher education.
- Visit the TRiO website at Palm Beach State College.
The links below offer students the opportunity to access the application for TRiO services and the TRiO upcoming events website.In collaboration with TRiO Educational Opportunity Center and the Multicultural Department, we have combined our efforts to host a Virtual FAFSA Night to support our ELL Seniors. I have attached a flyer of our Virtual FAFSA Night to assist Seniors to complete the application and provide guidance by the TRiO team. The event will be on the following dates:
No events currently scheduled