With input from parents and staff, Dwight D. Eisenhower K-8 implements a unified dress code, which promotes an appearance that is neat, well-groomed and clean, and reinforces healthy habits and attitudes. To promote an environment of academic excellence with school pride and a sense of community, all students are expected to adhere to our “Dress for Success” policy throughout the school year.
The following dress code applies to all students PK - 6th grade:
School Colors are Red, White, and Blue
Hats: No hats, bandanas, or hoods may be worn at any time in the school.
Tops: Allowed in solid colors red, white, navy blue, or light blue
- Sweater or sweatshirt in solid school colors
- Polo-styled or button-down shirts in the solid school colors
- School Spirit T-shirts (available for purchase).
Bottoms: Allowed in solid colors khaki, navy blue, or black
- Pants or jeans
- No ripped or bleached jeans.
- No “drop”/low-rider pants or shorts.
- No cut-off shorts.
- Fingertip-length dresses, skirts, skorts, or shorts.
- Dresses and skirts need shorts, leggings, or tights (in solid school colors) underneath.
- Leggings are NOT to be worn alone as pants.
- Closed shoes, such as sneakers or loafers.
- Laced shoes must be laced properly.
- No flip-flops, clogs, platform shoes, or high heels.
Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Girl Scout, or Brownie uniforms may be worn on meeting days.