AS Level AICE Digital Media & Design
Grades: 11 - 12
*Must be a film and tv magnet student
AS Level AICE Digital Media & Design is for students who want to explore a range of processes and techniques in digital media. The subject content allows space for teaching and learning to be creative. It is grouped into three broad areas of study:
• Digital photography
• Moving image
• Mobile and multimedia applications.
The subject content includes a list of skills, knowledge and understanding common to all areas of study as well as skills, techniques, knowledge and understanding specific to individual areas of study.
The aims are to enable students to:
• develop awareness of the world of digital media and design and understand influencing factors and contexts
• develop creative processes and understand that design is an iterative process
• reflect requirements and feedback from specific audiences and clients in developing their work
• use digital media creatively as a way of expressing meaning
• develop the skills needed for the study of digital media and design in higher education
• prepare for working in a collaborative industry.