Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program
The FDOE-funded Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program is a long-standing grant-funded program that can provide paras with tuition support for up to two courses per semester (fall, spring, and summer) to earn a degree in special education and become fully certified.
- Are you a paraprofessional working with students with disabilities?
- Do you desire to achieve more with your passion for the classroom?
- Do you already have an A.A. degree or the equivalent college coursework?
If you answered yes to all three questions above then the Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program may be able to assist. The Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program can provide financial assistance for paraprofessionals working in the state of Florida with public schools to earn a bachelor’s degree in special education, deaf education, or visual disabilities. The program will provide up to $700 per course for up to two courses towards tuition.
- Currently employed as a paraprofessional in a Florida public or charter school and assisting students with disabilities,
- Have earned an A.A. with an overall 2.5 GPA,
- Be admitted to a Special Education teacher preparation program at one of the state approved colleges or universities (this includes Deaf Education and Visual Disabilities),
- Have passed all portions of the General Knowledge Test prior to applying.
Paraprofessionals working with students with disabilities who would make an exceptional special education teacher are invited to apply.