DMS Lanyards and IDs must be visible and worn around the neck at all times during the school day.
Student name, picture, and bar code must be visible.
This DMS Dress Code represents an effort to have all our students stay safe, dress for success, and show pride for being a part of our “Panther Nation”.
Students & Parents: The dress code listed below will assist you with your back-to-school shopping. The dress code will be in effect starting the FIRST day of school. Thank you for your support.
Shirts and Tops
- DMS T-shirts are the ONLY T-Shirts permitted (short or long sleeve).
- Polo-style collared shirts with sleeves (any color or pattern).
- Logos or pictures MUST be smaller than pocket size and be school appropriate.
- PE shirts must be worn during PE class only.
- Hooded or zipped sweatshirts are allowed as long as a shirt is worn underneath that conforms to dress code. Hoods must not cover the head.
- NO tank tops, crop tops, or sheer material.
- Shirts must cover midriff, torso and shoulders.
Pants and Shorts
- Pants, jeans or shorts are acceptable. Leggings (black, navy, or dark gray) – must be paired with a tunic.
length, dress code compliant, top that hits the thigh
- Shorts must be finger-tip length or longer when standing and should fit appropriately.
- NO holes, rips, or tears in any garments.
- NO pajama pants.
- All bottoms must be worn at the waist.
- ONLY DMS logo Sweatpants
- NO bike or swim shorts.
- PE shorts must be worn during PE class only.
Skirts and Dresses
- Must be finger-tip length or longer when standing.
- Tights are allowed under dresses or skirts.
- Dresses must be one piece with sleeves.
Footwear and Headwear
- Fully enclosed shoes are REQUIRED (closed toe and heel).
- NO crocs, slides, sandals, flip flops or slippers.
- NO platforms or heels greater than 2 inches.
- A doctor’s note is required for any other type of shoe due to foot injury.
- NO hats, beanies, or bandanas. Hoods on sweatshirts must be down.
- NO AirPods or earbuds may be worn without teacher permission.
- NO logos or pictures larger than pocket size on any non DMS shirt may be worn. Any logos or images must be school appropriate.
A quick check prior to your child leaving your care in the morning will set your student up for a successful day. Should your child not stay within these guidelines, the school will contact the parent to correct the dress code violation.
Consequences for not adhering to the dress code policy will be progressive and may include a change of clothes, student is ineligible to participate in any extracurricular activity, and ISS. Consequences will depend upon frequency and/or severity of dress code violations.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.