What are Choice Programs?
Families with students entering Kindergarten through grade 12 have the opportunity to choose from an array of theme-based curriculum offerings at the elementary, middle, and high school levels that provide innovative and rigorous academic instruction by specially trained teachers. These programs provide students with a pathway to postsecondary education and career options.
Tips for Making an Informed Choice
Palm Beach County has more than 200 elementary, middle, and high school Choice programs available for you to choose from. Learn more about which program is right for your child by clicking on the choice program you wish to learn more about on the Palm Beach County School District website. The Department of Choice and Career Options also offers guidance and support to help you find the right program for you. Here are just a few ideas:
Ask yourself these questions. The answers will help you get a clearer idea of the programs that may be right for you.
- What are your talents and abilities?
- What activities do you like?
- What careers are you interested in?
- Are you choosing a program based on your personal strengths and interests?
Know Your Support
The Department of Choice and Career Options offers support throughout the Choice process. You should:
- Visit the Annual Showcase of Schools held every October
- Visit the school’s Open House to learn more about the program.
- Talk with the Choice coordinator at the school
- Contact the Department of Choice and Career Options at (561) 434-8755
Narrow Your Choices
Think about the programs that interest you the most. How do they compare with respect to:
- How well they meet your interests and will help you achieve your goals
- Distance from home, travel time, and transportation needs
Make Your Decision
Select the 2 programs that you would most like to attend and put them in order. (Choice preference #1 is your most desired program of choice)
If the student is applying for a Choice program that is offered at his/her zoned school, the zoned school program must be listed as the first choice or the applications will not be processed, with the exception of Suncoast HS.
Applications will be available on November 1, 2023 for the 2024-2025 school year.