How to Become a Volunteer
Are you interested in volunteering at one of our District Schools?
When thinking about volunteering, it is good to know:
- The age group you prefer to work with (Elementary, Middle, or High School).
- The location where you would prefer to volunteer.
Click here to see a list of schools
Click here to find schools in your area
Click here to find schools by region
Once you decide on a school, ask to speak to the school’s Volunteer Coordinator and let him/her know what you would like to do and the day(s) and time(s) you will be available to volunteer. The Volunteer Coordinator will try to work with your schedule. The Volunteer Coordinator will also provide orientation and any training deemed necessary for your assignment as well as training on the VIPS Count tracking system. The orientation and training must be completed prior to volunteering at any District School Site.
- All public schools will use both Raptor and VIPS tracking.
- Raptor will be used for background clearance.
- The VIPS tracking system will be used for application completion and recording volunteer hours.
- All volunteers and visitors must scan in/out through the Raptor system prior to passing the front desk and going on campus, every time they visit the school.
Prior to Volunteering at the School
- Have your ID scanned through the Raptor system.
- Complete a volunteer application on the VIPS Count tracking system computer.
- Complete District Volunteer Training and Orientation
(The Volunteer Coordinator will provide the training.)
Volunteering at the School
Log your hours in the VIPS computer. This must be done every time you volunteer. Questions regarding your logged hours in VIPS should go to the school’s Volunteer Coordinator. If you need further assistance, please contact the District’s Volunteer Coordinator, Stacey Oak.
Please know that your encouragement, patience and boost of self-esteem are critically important to our students. The intrinsic value of your volunteering is immeasurable. You are a difference maker!
We thank you for your time and support and look forward to seeing you soon!