Read the question carefully, then reread the passage or the problem.
Examine every answer choice before you choose your answer.
Label your answer (Math), look for proof in the passage and underline it (ELA).
Always check your work!
X out answers that you know are wrong.
- Attend all classes. Being IN your classes (in person or online) allows you to gather all the information.
- Read all assigned material and take notes.
- Take organized and clear lecture notes.
- Ask questions to increase your understanding of course material.
- Meet with your teachers out of class to review and ask questions.
- Make use of tutoring services.
- Examine previous tests to determine what you did well and what you did not do so well.
- Find out what kind of a test it will be: objective, essay, or a combination of both.
- Plan your study time and set study goals.
- Learn the technical vocabulary of the course using index cards--use memory tricks such as associating difficult material with something you already know.
- Organize the information you must remember, use separate folders for classes, color code, do what you have to in order to stay organized
- Start reviewing systematically and early, not just the night before the test.
- Divide the review material into logical sections and concentrate on one at a time.
- Learn test-taking terms and strategies.
- Find out when and where the test will be given; what you are expected to bring with you (pens); and what you are allowed to bring with you (dictionary). Get to the test site early with appropriate materials and do deep breathing exercises to relax. Do not, at this time, continue to try to study.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before the exam and eat a good/healthy dinner.
- Get up early enough to avoid rushing and to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Tell yourself you will do well, and you will! Stay Positive!
Boca High has multiple free avenues for tutoring.
- Spanish Honor Society provides tutoring every Thursday during lunch. Blue lunch in room 8-219 and Gold lunch in room 4-209.
- Math Honor Society provides tutoring every Tuesday & Thursday during both lunches in room 4-303. They also provide tutoring Thursdays at 3:30 in room 4-303.
- Science National Honor Society provides tutoring every Wednesday afternoon between 3:30 - 4:30 pm in room 8-212.
- Boca High also has teachers who offer tutoring services for a fee.