Purpose and Mission:
Bear Lakes Middle School's English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Department serves to meet the language and academic needs of a diverse student population of English Language Learners (ELLs). A keystone of the department is initiating educational programs that ensure the academic progress of ELLs through the following:
- Comply with District, State, and Federal requirements.
- Provide professional learning opportunities and instructional strategies to support the unique needs of ELLs in ESOL.
- Bilingual/bicultural counseling and social services to meet the social, emotional, and academic needs of English Language Learners.
- Providing language-related instructional resources aligned to the standards and designed to meet the needs of English Language Learners.
- Advocating for all students to ensure equitable educational opportunities are provided at all schools.
- Coordinating parent engagement opportunities to increase parental involvement.
- Support families with student registration.
- Translation and interpretation services for students and families.
Ms. Celeste Lemons
Text - 561-666-1743
561-615-7745English Speakers of Other Languages
My child is just learning English what help is there for him?
All schools have programs to support the English language development and academic needs of students in the English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) program.
If you have specific questions, please call the Department of Multicultural Education at (561) 434-8620.
Por favor consulte nuestra oficina si necesita ayuda en español (561) 615-8709.
Tanpri rele nou si ou bezwen nou ede w nan (561) 615-8709.