Dual Enrollment/Early Admission
The decision to participate in dual enrollment is significant -- attending college-level classes is a major responsibility and the grades earned will be the start of your college transcripts. At Palm Beach Virtual School, students are required to meet the minimum qualifications for dual enrollment and must also sign and return a Dual Enrollment Student Agreement to the guidance office.
Review the Dual Enrollment Checklist to see all steps needed to become part of this program.
Dual Enrollment Requirements:
- 3.0 GPA
- College Ready Test Scores
College Ready Test Scores:
- SAT: Reading 24 / Writing 25 / Math 24
- ACT: English 17 / Reading 19 / Math 19
- PERT: Reading 106 / Writing 103 / Math 114
- PSAT: EBRW 430 / Math 480
If you do not have ACT or SAT scores, you can register to take the PERT at the PBSC Testing center.
Classes taken at Palm Beach State College will satisfy high school graduation requirements. Please use this link to view the course equivalency list - 2021-2022 Dual Enrollment Course-High School Subject Area Equivalency List
If you have any questions, you contact your counselor.
The Early Admission Program provides opportunities for eligible students to enroll in college prior to high school graduation. When students are accepted for admission to an approved college or university prior to the completion of high school, some college-level credits can be used to satisfy high school graduation requirements. Upon successful completion of all graduation requirements, students will earn a high school diploma and may attend commencement exercises with their high school.
- Qualifications – student must have:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher (PBSC only) 3.8 for FAU
- Successfully completed six semesters at the high school level in grades 9-11.
- Being accepted by an approved college or university as a full-time student.
- College Ready test scores
- The approval of their high school principal or designee.