Pre-Medical Sciences Academy
The Pre-Medical Sciences Academy is a three-year program that will emphasize science, math and language skills.
- Classes include orientation to health occupations, exploration of health occupations and medical skills and services.
- This program is designed to provide students with an academic foundation in a variety of medical sciences and related careers.
- Students are immersed in a hands-on technologically advanced curriculum that includes dissection, labs, and the use of a Z-Space 3D virtual lab.
- The Pre-Medical Sciences program will assist students in the decision-making process of becoming a health professional as they enter high school.
Completion of the Pre-Medical Academy may allow students to receive:
- Preferred status when applying to the medical sciences academy at John I. Leonard High School.
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- High School Credit in Medical Skills