Dual Enrollment & Early Admission
Dual enrollment is an acceleration program that allows secondary students to take postsecondary coursework and simultaneously earn credit toward a high school diploma, a career certificate, an associate or baccalaureate degree.
Dual Enrollment Requirements for PBSC & FAU*
- Students in grades 6-9 must have earned four (4) high school credits with at least a 3.5 unweighted GPA, two of which must be an English Language Arts course and a mathematics course per SDPBC requirements. All other dual enrollment requirements must also be met, including demonstrating proficiency as determined by college ready test scores (as outlined by PBSC & FAU).
- Students in grades 10-12 must have earned four (4) high school credits (including ELA & Math) with at least a 3.0 unweighted GPA. All other dual enrollment requirements must also be met and maintained, including demonstrating proficiency as determined by college ready test scores.
- Students are limited to earning a maximum of 60 credit hours through dual enrollment.
- Students in grades 10-12 who are dual enrolling at PBSC and who do not have the college ready test scores, may enroll in college credit courses not precluded by the deficiency. Students may not earn more than twelve (12) credits before the correction of all deficiencies.
- Seniors with a 2.75 GPA can Dual Enroll and take SLS 1501: Introduction to the College Experience at PBSC in their Spring Semester (must pass one section of a placement exam)
Dual Enrollment Requirements for UF*
- Junior or Senior with a 3.6 unweighted GPA
- College ready test scores as outlined by UF
- Maintain a 3.6 high school GPA and a 3.0 UF GPA
Early Admission Requirements for PBSC & FAU*
Early Admission is defined as being enrolled in a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis (12 minimum to 18 maximum credit hours) in the Fall and/or Spring term of the student's senior year or an approved degree-seeking pathway program.
- For PBSC, Early Admission eligibility requires that students achieve a 3.2 unweighted GPA and achieve the minimum required scores for college readiness on the ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER, PERT, or PSAT.
- For FAU, Early Admission eligibility requires that students achieve a 3.8 weighted GPA and an SAT of 1290 or an ACT of 27.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 term grade point average in college-level work.
Career and Technical Certificate Dual Enrollment (Career Certificate Programs)*
- For students in grades 10-12 only
- 2.0 GPA
*Please see your School Counselor for more complete information, available options and full criteria.