Charter Certification Renewals
Charter School instructional employees should renew their Professional Certificate through the District Certification Office.
Retirees or individuals not currently employed by the School District of Palm Beach County must apply directly to the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) to renew a certificate.
Professional Certificate Renewal Requirements
- You have earned 120 inservice points and 20 of those points are in Students with Disabilities (SWD/ESE); and
- You are in the last year of your Certificate's validity period.
(Example: Your Certificate is from 7/1/2018 to 6/30/2023 = you can renew anytime after August 1st.)
Steps for Renewal
- Submit your online renewal application to the FLDOE. Please review this video if you need help submitting your application.
- Complete the Renewal / Add On Verification Form (R/A Form).
- Submit your payment to School Cash Online. Please review these INSTRUCTIONS. If you need assistance submitting your payment, please contact Loretha.McIntyre@palmbeachschools.org)
- Submit the completed Renewal / Add On Verification Form (R/A Form), the payment receipt, and proof of your inservice points (eLearning or Beacon Transcript) to the Certification Office via email: email@example.com.
In approximately 90 days the FLDOE will email you from VERSA_Online providing a copy of your updated certificate, be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folder, too. (Instructions on how to obtain a copy) You do not need to provide our office a copy of the updated certificate.
Renewal applications should be received by May 27 to ensure enough time for processing. Certificates that are not renewed in time will result in termination of employment, pending job requirements.
Special Note: If you have answered YES to any of the Legal Disclosure Questions on your online renewal application, make sure you input the details on the corresponding section of the online application (Sealed & Expunged, Criminal Offenses, Professional Sanctions).
Retirees or Individuals not currently employed by the School District of Palm Beach County must APPLY and PAY directly to the FLDOE to renew a certificate. While submitting your online application you need to change your affiliation to “Department of Education/100.” This will prompt you to pay the FLDOE. Once you have completed your online application, please provide our office with proof of your inservice points at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your ISP be sent to the FLDOE via CT-116. If points are completed through Beacon Educator, attach the transcript to the email.
Types of Renewal Credit
120 inservice points, 20 of those points in SWD/ESE, are needed for renewal. If you have more than five certification areas to be renewed, additional renewal credit may be required
Inservice points, or the equivalent, can be earned through the following*:
- Attend District Professional Development opportunities and eLearning.
- Complete six (6) credit hours of course work at an accredited college or university. Course work must reflect a grade of “C” or better. (Submit an official college transcript to the FLDOE when using this method for renewal.) Dissertation courses do not satisfy renewal requirements.
- Pass a Florida Subject Area Exam specific to the coverage on the Certificate to be renewed (the equivalent of sixty inservice points).
- Teaching a college-level course at an acceptable institution may be accepted the same as credit earned for the course. (See College Level Course Teaching Verification sample.)
- Have a valid National Board Certificate and complete the ESE twenty (20) inservice points to meet the renewal requirements.
- Complete Professional Development courses through Beacon Educator. Educators must acknowledge this is a private company not associated with The School District of Palm Beach County. You will need to provide our offices with a copy of the transcript reflecting the inservice points obtained through this vendor.
*A combination of the above can be used.
What should I do if I do not remember my Login Credentials from the FLDOE Portal?
Try retrieving your information from the Forgot password? or Forgot user ID? functionalities from the FLDOE portal. If you still have no access to your account DO NOT create a second account. Remember that your license information is associated with your social security number and creating a new account will not recognize your credentials. Unfortunately, District offices do not have access to the system to assist educators with this type of issue.
The FLDOE requests the educator to:
Send an email FLCertify@fldoe.org and request to have your password reset. The email should include the following information:
- First and Last name
- Date of Birth (month/day/year)
- Department of Education File Number (Teaching License Number)
- State the reason for the email (password reset, forgot User ID, etc.)
- Email address you would like to be contacted at if it is different from the one used
Please do not submit multiple emails for the same request, this delays the Bureau of Certification (BEC) response time. BEC staff will respond to your request as quickly as current resources allow, in the order in which the email was received in the inbox. Staff from the BEC Call Center cannot assist you in resolving this type of issue. The estimated response time from the FLDOE 4-6 weeks. This can vary depending on the workload. You may contact the BEC through the Technical Assistance Tab on their website.