Ethics Training for Advisory Board Members
All members of the School Board’s advisory committees are required to receive training in the Florida Code of Ethics and sign the Acknowledgment Form. This web page is designed to help you complete these tasks:
- Please return original Acknowledgment Form to ToniLynn Bilotta, Fulton-Holland Educational Services Center, 3300 Forest Hill Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33406.
- Florida Commission on Ethics Guide to Sunshine Law and State Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees (Attachment)
- Disclosure of Business Transaction, Relationship, or Interest (Form 4A)
- School Board Advisory Committee Conflict of Interest (Form 2421)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY WHEN FILED WHERE FILED An individual appointed or nominated to an advisory board must have his or her Conflict of Interest Waiver by the School Board after disclosure of the transaction or relationship using Form 4A, as provided in §112.313(12), Fla. Stat. Prior to commencing service on the advisory committee, or at the time the individual becomes aware of the conflict. With the School Board's Clerk and a copy to the General Counsel.
- Memorandum of Voting Conflict for Advisory Board Members (Form 8B)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY WHEN FILED WHERE FILED Advisory Board Members must file a disclosure of business transaction, relationship, or interest, pursuant §112.3143(4), Fla. Stat. Prior to the meeting in which consideration of the matter will take place, or within 15 days after "participating" in , if disclosure has not been made prior to the meeting or that any conflict is unknown prior to the meeting. With responsible for recording minutes of the Advisory Committee Meeting.