Counselor Letter of Recommendation
What is a Counselor's Letter of Recommendation?
- The Counselor Letter of Recommendation provides colleges and other recipient organizations a holistic picture of your character, personal qualities, passions or challenges that can't be conveyed by grades or test scores. It provides insight into your personality and potential to thrive in a college setting.
- This is in contrast to your Teacher Letter of Recommendation which is a less holistic picture of you.
- For Boca High students, this would be your dean, your AP or your school counselor.
- Share your completed Boca High Academic Organizer with the teacher you are requesting a letter from.
- Make sure you request your letter of recommendation at least one month before you need it.
Do I need a counselor recommendation letter?
When and how do I request a counselor letter of recommendation?
My college requires my counselor letter in paper format. What does the counseling office need from me?
How are counselor recommendation letters sent?
How do I know if my counselor recommendation letter has been sent or received by my colleges?
What is FERPA and why should I waive it?