TRIO EOC Program
The TRiO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded program through the U.S. Department of Education at Palm Beach State College designed to afford the opportunity of a college education to students from families without a legacy of higher education.
What is TRiO?
- Our nation has asserted a commitment to providing educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance
- In support of this commitment, Congress established a series of programs to help low-income Americans enter college, graduate and move on to participate more fully in America's economic and social life
- These programs are funded under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and are referred to as the TRIO Programs (initially just three programs)
- While student financial aid programs help students overcome financial barriers to higher education, TRiO programs help students overcome class, social and cultural barriers to higher education
How to Participate
- In order to participate you must fill out an application
- The Educational Opportunity Center is a free program Palm Beach State College offers that is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education to provide assistance to adults 19 and older and high school juniors and seniors who desire a post-secondary education
- All services are free
- The EOCs assist one-on-one with services related to applications, financial aid (FAFSA) and career decisions
- Present workshops to groups throughout the community about accessing education beyond the high school level and taking the next step to reach your goals
- Assistance with applying for financial aid (FAFSA form assistance)
- Assistance with Admissions
- Financial Literacy