Teacher Letter of Recommendation
What is a Teacher's Letter of Recommendation?
The Teacher Letter of Recommendation is an appraisal of your academic performance and intellectual promise in a subject area. It conveys the teacher's classroom experience with you and may describe your extra-curricular pursuits in relation to that subject.
- Your classroom performance is a strong indicator of your future academic performance in college.
- Therefore, ideally your teacher letter will focus on your classroom capabilities. Ask teachers who can write a strong letter of recommendation.
- This is in contrast to your Counselor Letter of Recommendation which is a more holistic picture of you.
- The teacher letter is usually written by a junior year instructor in one of your core subjects, unless you are applying to a course of study not included in one of these subjects.
- It is advisable that you approach at least two teachers in May of your junior year to inquire about the possibility of writing a letter for you.
Share your completed Boca High Academic Organizer with the teacher you are requesting a letter from.
Make sure you request your letter of recommendation at least one month before you need it.
Do I need a teacher recommendation letter?
Which teacher(s) should I ask?
How should I ask my teacher(s)?
Who sends the letters of recommendation?
How do I know if my teacher recommendation letter has been sent or received by my colleges?
What is FERPA and why should I waive it?