Six reasons to encourage students to meet with college reps.
- Students have a chance (in their own town) to meet face-to-face with a rep and ask specific questions.
- Students can let the college know they are seriously interested.
- In many cases, the reps are admission officers from the college, so students have a unique opportunity to make contact with a person who may be evaluating their application in the future.
- The meeting provides students with a specific contact at the college to whom they can send questions.
- Sometimes reps, particularly ones from state universities, will give an early read on students' transcripts, test scores and course selections during their visits. This helps students assess their fit at that institution and figure out what they can do to improve their chances of getting in.
- It's an opportunity for you, as a counselor, to bring to your students’ attention a college that you think is a good fit but that the student may not have considered.
College visits occur throughout the whole year. Please listen to the announcements for updates.