Aspiring Assistant Principals Program
The Aspiring Assistant Principals Program is designed for emerging leaders eager to serve and lead in the position of Assistant Principal. The program has an equity focus, is based on the Florida Principal Leadership Standards, and supports effective instructional leadership for all student populations. Capitalizing on our school district's Strategic Plan, this program is designed to provide future assistant principals with complex and relevant experiences to help prepare them to lead and improve learning outcomes for students.
Requirements for applying to the Aspiring Assistant Principals Program:
- Currently an employee of The School District of Palm Beach County
- Minimum of 3 years of classroom teaching experience, with the last year being in The School District of Palm Beach County at an non-charter public school
- State of Florida certification in field of Educational Leadership
- Update resume (3 pages maximum)
- A letter of recommendation addressed to The Department of Leadership Development from the Principal (for school-based employees) or Director (for District-based employees)
- Endorsed by your current principal's supervisor / director’s supervisor
- Have experience in one of the following leadership roles: Department Chair, Team Leader, Grade Level Chair, SAC Chair, leader of a committee , leader of a school-wide or grade level initiative, leader of the School-wide Positive Behavior Support (SwPBS) Committee, Single School Culture Coordinator, ESE/ESOL Coordinator, Academic Coach, School-Based Team (SBT) Facilitator, or Response to Intervention (RtI) Facilitator, etc.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Janet D. Butts at firstname.lastname@example.org