Preparing Future Principals Program
The Preparing Future Principals Program is a comprehensive one-year leadership preparation program designed for extremely motivated and highly effective assistant principals and school district leaders, who are aspiring to become a principal. The program has an equity focus, incorporates the Florida Principal Leadership Standards, and capitalizes on our Strategic Plan. In this program future principals engage in rigorous and relevant instructional, leadership experiences.
Requirements for applying to the Preparing Future Principals Program:
- Currently an employee of The School District of Palm Beach County
- Three full years of administrative experience, based on contract date, with the last year being in The School District of Palm Beach County at a non-charter public school
- State of Florida certification in field of Educational Leadership
- Updated resume (3 pages maximum)
- A letter of recommendation addressed to The Department of Leadership Development from the Principal (for school-based employees) or Director (for District-based employees) or Regional Office (for regional office employees)
- Endorsed by current principal's / director's supervisor
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Melinda Springman-Herrera, Director of Leadership Development.