Professional Development Certification Program (PDCP)
The School District of Palm Beach County offers an Alternative Certification Program called the Professional Development Certification Program (PDCP). PDCP is a rigorous 2-year program for new teachers that have not graduated from a college of education. The program develops high-quality educators using job-embedded professional learning via face-to-face and online learning, coupled with sustained mentor support. By choosing this program as a means of alternative certification, you are committing to complete targeted district and school-based training opportunities, devote a substantial amount of personal and professional time to your program work, and make a long-term investment in your career as an educator.
Teachers interested in PDCP must:
- Be employed full-time in a district school as a classroom-based teacher
- Have 2 years remaining on their temporary certificate
- Need 6 college courses as evidenced by the Statement of Eligibility (SOE)
- Have a rating of Effective (E) or Highly Effective (HE) on their most recent teacher evaluation
- Be enrolled in the Educator Support Program (ESP)