Renewing the FLDOE Certificate
School District employees should renew their Professional Certificate through the District Certification Office. Retirees or individuals not currently employed by the School District of Palm Beach County must apply and pay directly to the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) to renew a certificate. Charter School instructional employees should renew their Professional Certificate through the District Certification Office.
Steps for Renewal (Current District and Charter Instructional Employees)
- Submit your online renewal application to the FLDOE. Please review this video if you need help submitting your application.
- Complete the Renewal / Add On Verification Form (R/A Form).
- Submit your payment to School Cash Online. Please review these INSTRUCTIONS. If you need assistance submitting your payment, please contact Loretha.McIntyre@palmbeachschools.org.
- Submit the completed Renewal / Add-On Verification Form, the payment receipt, and proof of your inservice points (eLearning or Beacon Transcript), to the Certification Office at: email@example.com.
In approximately 90 days, the Florida Department of Education will email you from VERSA_Online providing a copy of your updated certificate. (Be sure to check your SPAM or JUNK folder for a possible email from the Florida Department of Education.) You can also review these instructions on how to obtain a copy of it. You do not need to provide our office a copy of the updated certificate.
Applications should be received by May 27 to ensure enough time for processing. Certificates that are not renewed in time will result in termination of employment, pending job requirements.
Special Note: If you have answered YES to any of the Legal Disclosure Questions on your online renewal application, make sure you input the details on the corresponding section of the online application (Sealed & Expunged, Criminal Offenses, Professional Sanctions).
FLDOE Portal Login Credentials
What should I do if I do not remember my Login Credentials from the FLDOE Portal?
Try retrieving your information from the Forgot password? or Forgot user ID? functionalities from the FLDOE portal. If you still have no access to your account, DO NOT create a second account. Remember, your license information is associated with your social security number and creating a new account will not recognize your credentials. Unfortunately, the District offices do not have access to the system to assist educators with this type of issue.
The FLDOE requests the educator to send an email to FLCertify@fldoe.org and request to have your password reset. The email should include the following information:
- First and Last name
- Date of Birth (month/day/year)
- Department of Education File Number (Teaching License Number)
- State the reason for the email (password reset, forgot User ID, etc.)
- Email you would like to be contacted at if it is different from the one used
Please do not submit multiple emails for the same request as this delays the Bureau of Certification (BEC) response time. BEC staff will respond to your request as quickly as current resources allow, in the order in which the email was received in the inbox. Staff from the BEC Call Center cannot assist you in resolving this type of issue. The estimated response time from the FLDOE 4-6 weeks and can vary depending on the workload. You may contact the BEC through the Technical Assistance Tab on their website.