Applying for FLDOE Certification
An application for a Florida Department of Education Teaching certification is made through the FLDOE website.
- Create an account via this link. Please visit the FLDOE's Apply webpage for additional information.
- Apply for Initial Teacher Certification. (It will say 5 year renewable on the application, regardless of the type of certificate you are eligible for.)
- Submit fee ($75.00 per subject area)
- Mail a set of official transcripts*
*Foreign Transcripts - Applicants who completed training outside of the United States should submit a credential evaluation report. This report may be provided by one of the following:
- An accredited four-year college or university in the United States, or
- A current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), or
- A current member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE), or
- A credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educator Certification.
- If you have taught in another state and have a valid teaching certificate from that state, please upload your valid Out of State certificate into your application.
Once all documents have been received by the FLDOE, a Statement of Status of Eligibility will be mailed to you. Please note, it may take 7-10 weeks for documents to post to the FLDOE website once they are received. Then, once the application is complete, it may take another 7-10 weeks to process the application for eligibility.
Bureau of Educator Certification
Suite 201, Turlington Building
325 W. Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400