Inactive Student Records

  • Inactive Student Records
    The Records Management Office processes transcripts/records for students who last attended Palm Beach County public school programs five (5) or more years ago or from schools that are closed. All other requests should be sent directly to the current/last school the student attends/attended.

    A signature is required before confidential information may be released regarding that student's records.

    Student Transcript / Records Request
    Student records are maintained for five (5) years at the last school attended in Palm Beach County before the records are transferred to Records Management for archival.  If you graduated or left the District less than seven years ago, please contact the Records Coordinator at the last school you attended to request your records. 

    Former students, aged 18 years of age or older, must submit a request before confidential information may be released regarding that student's records. The former student's parent or legal guardian may submit the request for the student if he/she is under age 18. All requests will be processed within 5 - 7 business days on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Records Management staff does their very best to answer all requests as quickly as possible. 

    Request in Person
    In-person requests are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY  - to view the calendar for times/dates available and to schedule your visit.  We encourage our customers to save time and take advantage of online services by going to Parchment.

    "Unable To Locate" Records
    Occasionally, Records Management staff members are unable to locate a student's records for one or more of the following reasons:

    1. Incomplete birth date information provided;
    2. Incomplete identification of last public school attended in Palm Beach County;
    3. Last year of school attendance not provided;
    4. Former student's signed authorization to release education records is not provided; and/or
    5. No records under the name as given.  

    In each of the cases listed above, the person requesting the records will be contacted in an effort to obtain the information necessary to process the records request. If a telephone call is unsuccessful, a letter will be sent to the person requesting the records explaining the reason(s) the request cannot be processed.