Partners in Education Program
The School District of Palm Beach County Partners in Education (PIE) Program is an enterprising initiative that allows businesses and community organizations to support public education in the Palm Beach County School District. The partnerships are dynamic, innovative, mutually beneficial, and contribute significantly to educating students and preparing them to be successful in the global marketplace.
Becoming a Partner in Education is an opportunity for the academic and business community to unite in a way that enhances the learning environment for students. Resources offered by businesses and community organizations (volunteers, funding, equipment, materials, scholarships, and assistance with special events) positively affect student achievement and enrich the lives of students.
Partners in Education Key Facts:
- The District has approximately 1,300 business partners in all industries, including banking, bio-tech, utilities, engineering, retail, medical, communication, hospitality, and construction.
- District business partnerships are defined by mutually beneficial goals and objectives. Schools and businesses collaborate to determine activities that meet the needs of all involved.
- Business support of public education significantly increases student achievement. Their participation allows students to expand their learning horizons, have more interest in school, get better grades and realize a deeper understanding of their role in society as it relates to becoming a productive citizen.
- District business partners are recognized on school marquees, in school newsletters, at PTA meetings, on school websites, District social media accounts, and at the state level for their financial, human and in kind resources that help meet the needs of students, teachers, and schools.
- Businesses and community organizations can become a Partner in Education (PIE) with the District by accessing the District PIE website and completing a Business Partnership Agreement form. Business partnerships can be established at the school-based level or District-wide.